Being fat or plump does not mean that it is the end of world. The world comes to an end when you give up on your hopes of getting back in shape. It might require a little effort but it is not impossible. So to reduce fat deposits from your body and get back in shape your determination is all you need. Follow a simple and healthy diet and hit the right muscles with the right exercise to bring it back in shape.
Here are a few very simple exercises exercises to lose thigh fat which have no special equipment needs and can be done at home while watching your favorite programs on television to reduce the extras from your inner and outer thighs.
Exercises To Reduce Thigh Fat:
Here are our best exercises for reducing thighs at your home.
1. The Butterfly Stretch:
One of the simplest and most effective stretches; it affects the thighs and hips.
How to Do:
- Sit on the mat with your legs stretched out in front and back straight
- Fold the knees outwards and join the soles together in front of you
- Take a grip of ten toes in your palm and gently bring it inwards near the groin – do not force
- Maintaining the position and keeping your back straight, move the knees up and down like the butterfly wings
- Do this at least 30 times; thereafter bend and try to touch your head on the floor
- Hold the pose and count ten
- Slowly go back to initial position
Do not try to stretch beyond your capacity. Try regularly and you will notice the increased flexibility in your thigh muscles.
Squats target more than one area in the body and are one of the most basic and effective way to tone lower body and pelvic area.
How to Do:
- Stand straight with your legs apart at shoulder length. Hand on the sides.
- Now bring your hands parallel to the shoulder in front
- Bend from your knees so that the calf and femur are perpendicular
- Ensure that the back is straight
- Now hold this position for 10 seconds
- Gradually left up to the initial position.
- Repeat this 30 times in sets of 10 each taking 30 seconds break.
Initially holding the final position for 10 seconds would not be achievable, so start with 3-5 seconds and increase gradually.
3. Ankle Touch – Standing:
Ankle touches stretch the thigh muscles and as an additional benefit help tone the abdomen area too.
How to Do:
- Stand with your legs wide apart and hands on the side
- Now gradually raise the hands up high, stretching your abdominal muscles
- The target is to point the ceiling with all ten fingers and abdomen stretched
- Slowly, bend down from your waist and touch the toes of one feet with both hands
- Make sure the knees are straight – lift your toes on the ankle if needed
- Hold in position for 10 seconds
- Gradually lift up back to hands high position
- Now follow the same procedure to touch the other toe
- Lift back up and back to standing position.
Do this at least 10 times on each side to burn those extra pounds off thighs and hide the tummy fat.
4. One Leg Toe-Touch:
This exercise burns fat deposits from inner thighs and tones outer thigh muscles too.
How to Do:
- Sit with your legs stretched out in front at shoulder length
- Fold the left leg from the knees and place the sole on the inner thigh of your right leg
- Keep the back straight and hold the left ankle with your left leg
- Now stretch your right arm to point the fingers to the ceiling and gradually bend forward
- The target is to touch the toes of your right foot
- Bring the toes inwards if the need be
- Hold the position for 5 seconds before going back to hands upright position
- Repeat at least 10 times before switching legs
Remember not to over stretch the back or thigh muscles. Initially the pose might not be perfect, but it will soon be with regular efforts.