The choice of the breed of his dog must take into account several factors:
1. Aesthetic Assessment
Opt for the breed of dog that you like most or, if it is a crusader, choose one of which you appreciate the appearance, without following the fashion and especially without neglecting to evaluate its character.
2. The use you want to make
if you want a watchdog, you will orient yourself to large breeds, faithful and Obedient. You will choose among those that are known and widely used for this purpose. If you opt for a lesser-used breed, be sure to inform yourself of its aptitudes (dog of defense, assistance, shepherd, hunting and so on) and the use made in the countries of Origin.
3. The environment in which it will have to live for example, if it is an apartment, shepherd dogs are not advisable because they need ample space to exercise.
4. The amount of time you can spend on your toilet
if you work all day and have little time, do not choose long-haired dog breeds that need to be brushed daily.
5. The composition of the family unit if you have toddlers, look for a patient breed and prone to submission.
6. The money you plan to spend on purebred dogs is expensive, so this aspect must also be taken into Consideration.
7. The time you can devote the dogs
regardless of race, are social animals that live in groups and help each other. That’s why it’s fundamental to have time to devote to your four-legged Companion. It’s not enough to walk it five minutes three times a day: you have to play with it, find a way to get it involved in your life.
8. Physical Activity
There are more sedentary breeds or activities that can take place in the home, especially because of their small size. Others need to run outdoors (hunting dogs, shepherds, etc.).