Colds and flu are both common and mostly benign illnesses. In general, there is no point in going to a doctor to treat a flu or a cold, since the medications he prescribes are most often offered to the pharmacy without prescription. Indeed, antibiotics can do nothing against viruses!
An easy way to determine whether to treat a cold or flu: the symptoms of the cold are concentrated above the shoulders (cough, nasal congestion, sneezing, sore throat), while for the flu, we add to these symptoms muscle aches, Fever, headaches and widespread fatigue.
Treat your cold and treat your flu with Naturopathy
Of course, if the state is prolonged or that the home treatment seems not to be effective, it is advisable to consult a health professional, but why not start with these few Naturopathy tricks inspired by Grandma’s stuff that made Their evidence over the centuries:
- To treat colds and sore throats, you gargle with lemon juice or salt water.
- We make infusions of thyme, then add lemon juice and honey, and we drink the whole thing, warm.
- We taste a good chicken broth, ideally added a few cloves of garlic chopped to treat the cold.
- We drink a lot (lots!) of water: it helps to lighten the mucus, and to decongest.
- We inhale hot water with an essential oil: lavender, tea tree, Eucalyptus.
- A homemade syrup is made to treat its flu made of an onion bitten with cloves that is cooked in a little water. Then we go to the robot (without the nails), we add 1 tablespoon of honey and a little lemon juice, if necessary, to adjust the texture that must be that of a thick liquid. It’s not very good in the mouth… but excellent everywhere else!
- We drink 3 cups of black elderberry tea (leaves and berries).
- We take a very hot bath, then we bundle up, and we slip into bed.
- We drink a grog made of brown rum or hot wine sweetened with spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves), then dodo!
- We rest to treat his flu: you have to sleep as much as possible so that the body can use all its energy to fight the virus.
- We sleep with wet stockings: Some people swear by this method, which apparently would enable the blood circulation, and so to treat the cold more quickly throughout the body.
- It is ensured that the air is not too dry: a dry air dries up and attacks the mucous membranes, which retards the healing. You turn on the humidifier if you have one; Otherwise, bowls of hot water are placed near the heaters.
- We boost his immune system to cure his cold: we eat garlic, onions, ginger, we take drops of Echinacea, horseradish, fruits that contain a lot of vitamins C.
If you find this article helpful, please share it with all your friends and leave your opinion in comments below. Thank you!