In France, women know the importance of a daily skin care routine. It is a part of the culture, something you learn from your mother. Using the right products—at the right times—isn’t about pampering, it’s about prevention. The French beauty routine embraces not only a nighttime regimen but also a morning skin care routine, complete with five easy steps that work together to help reduce the appearance of aging skin. Want to layer your skin care products like a French girl? Keep reading.
- When you’re applying your skin care products you want to start with a smooth canvas. In the mornings we like to turn to micellar water, a beloved French go-to to gently cleanse the skin.
- Layering your skin care products is a great way to get the most out of them. So after cleansing you’ll want to apply a pump of serum to your skin, like the Idealia Life Serum.
- Now it’s time for your day cream. Pick one that works best with your skin type and concerns, since it should be working for you all day long! With a pea-sized amount, lightly rub the cream together between your fingers (make sure your hands are clean) to achieve an even coat and warm the product. Start at the nose and extend out toward the outside of the face and to the temples, the forehead, and extend to your neck and décolleté. If you want added hydration, try Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream and if you want to firm the appearance of your skin and help minimize the appearance of wrinkles, try Liftactiv Supreme.
- Next, apply an eye cream, taking care to gently pat the cream onto the skin using your ring or pinky finger, since the eye area is incredibly delicate and requires a gentle touch.
- Finally, protect your skin from harmful UV rays with a broad-spectrum SPF of 15 or more