Many factors can cause eye harm, but one of the most common factors is excessive use or eye fatigue. Eye fatigue can be triggered if you are working in a dimly lit room, if you are driving for too long, if you are not wearing glasses when you need it or if you are attaching a smartphone screen too long. Eye irritation can also be caused by glaucoma,headaches, the presence of a foreign body in the eye, sinus infections and inflammations. If you experience eye pain after a long day of work, you can do some care yourself at home or at work to alleviate these ailments. So be careful !
Use eye drops.
The use of eye drops or artificial tears can moisturize dry eyes, which in turn can relieve eye pain. You can use an ordinary saline solution (salt water that corresponds to the salinity of the tears) or the medicinal eye drops. When buying eye drops, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Do not become dependent on eye drops. If you are using eye drops regularly, make sure it does not contain any chemicals or preservatives. In fact, excessive use of eye drops can aggravate eye damage.
Apply a warm compress.
The use of a warm compress can relax the muscles around the eyes, which can relieve the eye fatigue and the tense appearance that tired eyes often present. You may decide to apply dry or wet heat, depending on the option that suits you. If you wear glasses or contact lenses, remove them before applying the compress.
- To get a warm compress, fill a clean sock with rice or raw beans and tie the end of the sock so that it stays tightly closed. Place this sock in a microwave oven for about 30 seconds, while it becomes hot, but not very hot. Apply this compress to your eyes.
- For a wet compress, wet a washcloth or several toilet papers with lukewarm water. Put the glove on your eyes. You can press gently to exert a slight pressure with the palm of your hand, but do not press very hard. Leave the compress on your eyes until it cools completely.
Use a bag of herbal tea as a compress.
Some herbs such as chamomile, golden-seal, Eye-bright, Calendula and Oregon grape or barberry, have anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve your eyes. Although we do not have scientific evidence to confirm the efficacy of tea bags compared to other compresses, it is certain that you will find the aromas of the herbs very soothing.
- Place two tea bags in a cup and pour boiling water over it. Let the tea brew for about 5 minutes, or at least until the water is moderately hot.
- Squeeze the water from the tea bags and place each pouch on one eye. Lean your head back and relax. As soon as the tea bags have cooled completely, remove them. You can repeat this treatment as much as you want.
- If you can not have tea bags, you can take the stockings (knee-high socks) and cut the part of the toes, pour in dry herbs, attach the opening to close the pouch and use it in the same way as the pouches of tea.
What about you? do you have any other solutions to relieve eyes pain ? Please feel free to write them in a comment; and if you liked this article please share it with all your friends to help us to attempt the max of people. Thank you!